1 Large Organic Japanese Sweet Potato
2 Cups Organic Flour
1 Organic Yellow Onion
2 Organic Eggs
1-2 Cups Coconut Oil
1-2 Tablespoons Organic Evermill Blend
Pinch of Salt/Pepper
½ LB smoked lox (smoked salmon)
1-2 Cups Cream Cheese, Organic Sour Cream, or Organic Crème Fresh
Optional: Bed of Dressed Arugula (lemon, pepper, salt, olive oil, balsamic)
Optional: Sliced Organic Avocado Garnish
Makes 4-8 latkes
- Get skillet or frying pan hot & cover
- Shred sweet potatoes
- Shred onion
- Remove excess moisture with paper towel.
- Combine sweet potato and onion in small bowl.
- Add 2 cups Flour
- Mix in 2 eggs
- Mix in Evermill Blend and pinch of salt and pepper
- Make your choice size patties (pancake size are ideal). Ensure they’re not too thick so they cook evenly (no thicker than .5 inch).
- Place in coconut oil until golden brown on each side.
- Drain on a plate with paper towel or wire rack.
- Garnish with your choice of cream cheese, sour cream or crème fresh. Add generous helping of lox. Don’t skimp on the cream and lox!
- Optional: add sliced avocado on top.
- Serve by itself or on a optional bed of dressed arugula.